Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Sentimental Mr. Scorpio

January 10, 2012

I have had nice time on phone calls with Manu aka Mr. Deswal. The man who empowered me with confidence and trust, just like my dad. On the other hand, Nick was wondering the reason for my happiness, while my mum was rejoicing over the fact that I left my job.

I have been desperately waiting to meet him. The whole week we hardly had a long chat. That day, early morning at 6:30 a.m., my phone started vibrating. I was sleepy, and was about to ignore the call thinking it would be Nick. But, it was him. I was out of bed on a cold Sunday Morning just to take this important call.

Manu, "Hello it's a lovely morning. How are you today?"

Me, "Just woke up, and now gonna make myself some coffee."

He said, "Coffee? How about a nice Irish Coffee at the same place we met last time"

Me, "Huh..? What? Now?"

Manu, " Naah not now, but how about two hours from now? I will pick you from the bus stop where you usually board the bus."

Me, "Okay, sounds cool to me!"

After this, he hung up the phone. I was smiling and couldn't stop thinking what to wear.

I settled upon my black jeans with boots and off white coat. I had a pink scarf to cover my head.The biggest hurdle was to reach the bus stop and board the bus without getting into Nick's notice.

He knew that I had no business of going to Delhi. I covered my face, took a small wallet and my cell phone, avoided taking any usual accessory along that would give him a hint of my appearance.

I reached the bus stop in a 5 mins walk. My phone was vibrating and it was his fifth call already. My stomach was already pumped up with nervousness. And within no time, the bus reached the stop and I hopped in.

I took the ticket, and it was already his eighth call. In no time, I put my cell phone on airplane mode.

A sigh of relief.

This was the first time in my life I was enjoying this journey, which I've been doing for past 3 years.

The best part was the highway covered in thick fog. With such low visibility, there was less traffic and a hue of sunlight was beginning to tear the fog. As soon as the bus reached the station, I was the first to get off. Now, I was looking for his car. I switched on my cell phone and it rang. I picked up.

Manu, "Everything okay? I thought you were caught home."

Me, "Just wanted to avoid his calls."

Manu, "Forget him, he's an insect. Where are you anyway.?"

Me,"I have reached the bus station."

Manu, "Alright here I come."

He was standing right behind me and I was amazed with his sudden appearance.

Me, "Are you a magician or what?"

Manu, "No...I'm just me."

He can't just stop bragging about himself said my inner goddess.

I was smiling for no reason.

Me, "So where we going today?"

Manu, "To office...!"

Me, "Whose office?"

Manu, "My office, your office, our office, the place where you left."

Me, "Are you kiddin' me? I'm not going there. That bastard Pandey would have already spread non-sense about me. Do you think facing him would be easy for me? I have some self-respect left."

Manu, "Pandey has been terminated on the pretexts of fraud and sexual harassment."

My anger melted within seconds and I wanted to laugh loudly. I felt like being avenged with justice. I became cheerful.

I asked, "Did u do something?"

Manu,"Do you want an honest answer?"

Me, "Yes of course.!"

Manu, "Promise me, you won't get mad or discuss with anyone, or you'll be in trouble."

Me, "Is that an advice, order, or request?"

Manu, "Consider it as an advice of a friend, an order of a guardian, and a request of someone who cares about you."

My inner goddess was charmed with his wise words. 

Me, "Okay, I promise."

Manu, "After you left, I set up a girl in his team. I hired an actress and paid her to flirt with him. So, she took advantage of the lunch time, provoked him and created a situation where he was making sexual advances towards her. Since, all of it was happening in the conference room, it was video taped and leaked in front of Vijayyan.

Apart from this, I also called up the major competitor of Vijayyan and strongly urged him to hire Pandey. The day he was called for the interview, I pushed Vijayyan to enquire about Pandey's whereabouts. He was found sitting at his competitor's office. I sowed the seed of client database breach in Vijayyan's mind, and it worked well. Rest he was kicked out with all due respect."

Me, "How am I going to face all of them?"

Manu,"Don't worry, I told Vijyyan that you were suspecting Pandey of data breach and before you could unveil it in front of anyone, he created a situation wherein any hard-working employee would have resigned in such a manner. No one knows the reality. It's buried here between us.

Do you think, I'm not sensible enough to understand you have a self-respect?

Vidhisha...why did you met me so late?"

 Me,"What's that supposed to mean?"

Manu,"Nothing, I'll explain that later. For now, here we are."


No comments:

Post a Comment